Excellent childcare... at home
Coolum Beach Family Daycare provides the highest quality education and care to children from infancy through to school age.
With an emphasis on play-based learning, we offer a fun, education program that is both ethical and diverse.
In our purpose designed natural environment, children learn, create, explore and develop social interactions, in a safe, secure and stimulating space.
All of our programs follow the Early Years Early Learning Framework to ensure children are given the best start in life – preparing them for their school years ahead whilst nurturing them in a home environment.
As well as daycare, we offer before-school care and after-school care for school-aged children. We also offer flexibility with hours of care such as evenings, overnight and weekends.
- Children form a close relationship with one consistent educator.
- Children learn through play-based exploration in a small group.
- Children socialise in mixed age groups in a family setting.
- Children actively participate in decision making and planning for learning experiences.
- Children are cared for in a home environment.
- Siblings can stay together.
- Activities are provided to suit the child’s individual needs: singing, storytelling, make-believe, play, creative experiences and inquiry based projects.
- Connection with the local community is provided through outings to the library, parks, and playgroup sessions.
- Families work in partnership with educators to ensure children’s cultural background, interests and strengths are celebrated, shared and enhanced.
- Greater flexibility with hours of care such as evening, overnight, weekends.
All programs at Coolum Beach Family Daycare fully comply with the National Standards and Early Years Early Learning Framework.
The Early Years Learning Framework and School Age Care Framework provide the principles, practice and learning outcomes which an educator must demonstrate as part of the National Quality Standards. This Framework forms the foundation for ensuring that children in all early childhood, school age education and care settings experience quality teaching and learning.
It has a specific emphasis on play-based learning and recognises the importance of communication and language (including early literacy and numeracy) and social and emotional development.
Family daycare operates under the same National Quality Framework (NQF) as other forms of childcare, incorporating national regulations, quality and qualification standards, educational frameworks and an assessment and ratings process.
At Family daycare, parents are eligible to exactly the same Federal Government Child Care Benefit and Child Care Rebate subsidies.
At Coolum Beach Family Daycare we believe children learn by playing with the natural environment. We believe that every child has the right to a childhood where they are encouraged to dig in the dirt, jump in puddles, explore, create and quite simply, to just BE.
In our many years of operating, we've been delighted to share our family daycare environment with so many wonderful children. Here are just some of the kind words from their time with us…
Thank you for giving my girls such a safe, fun, creative environment during their precious early years. It is a wonderful feeling knowing they are being loved and cared for so well on the days when Mummy and Daddy had to be at work!
My little man loves attending Tammy and Jasons! He not only has the opportunity to learn and play in a fun, comfortable, family friendly and educational environment, but he also has great role models and friends. Tammy and Jason are absolutely amazing and caring!
The very best, most beautiful, second mum any parent could want for their children. You are a national treasure Tammy and Jason!
Tammy and Jason’s place is amazing! The natural environment they provide for our little girl is the perfect start in life. As a parent, all you want is to know that your children are getting the best possible care when you are at work, Tammy and Jason’s is more like a second home.
We would love to hear from you!
To find out more, just send us a message and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.